Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 14:42
October is National Bullying Prevention Month!
To honor this month you can "Take a Step with PEP" by
donating $2 for "1 step", $5 for "3", or $10 for "7 steps".
Steps are also *available* in both Southern & Northern Nevada PEP
offices and will be on display in the reception area.
The END of Bullying Begins with YOU!
- More than 160,000 U.S. students stay home from school each day from fear of being bullied
- 8% of students miss 1 day of class per month for fear of Bullies
- Playground statistics - Every 7 minutes a child is bullied
- 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school
- 64% of children who were bullied did not report it; only 36% reported the bullying (Petrosina, Guckenburg, DeVoe, and Hanson, 2010).
- About 35% of kids have been threatened online
- Over 14% of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7% have attempted it
Sign the Digital Petition!